A SDET is being sought by a company ramping up their Test Automation function. This is a role where you can really get to have a say in how things are done and influence future direction. Although a .NET shop they may consider an individual from a different background provided the aptitude and willingness is there to work with .NET.
The role will be largely home based ‘post-pandemic’ but you will ideally be based within striking distance of Surrey as you may have to visit the office once or twice a week.
Below is a ‘wish-list’ of skills, there will be some flex given dependent on the individual.
- Experience of manual and/or automated testing experience
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming principles
- Experience with C# and the .NET framework
- Experience with REST services
- Understanding of CI/CD environments/methodologies
- Understanding of RDBMS’s and SQL
- A voracious appetite to find fault with software
- Desire to learn from as well as mentor peers
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Several years of manual and/or automated testing experience
- Experience with Jenkins/TeamCity
- Experience with a TCMS (e.g. HPQC, qTest, TestRail, etc.)
- Experience with Selenium WebDriver
- Basic understanding of DevOps and cloud based solutions
- Familiarity with version control systems (e.g. Git, SVN, etc.)
- Familiarity with various dependency management offerings (e.g. Maven, Nuget, Ivy, etc.)
- Familiarity with distributed caching technologies (e.g. Red is, Memcached, etc.)
I’m afraid my client cannot provide sponsorship at this stage. Please do apply for our immediate attention, the client is keen to get the process moving asap.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.