AV Field Support Engineer
26k to 32k basic (dependant on experience) + Benefits
Location: West London, North London, Middlesex, Surrey, Berkshire, Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire
Scope and Purpose of the Job
To provide maintenance and installation services in support of key customer accounts/contracts, primarily within the designated Area, including first line Technical Support where required.
To provide an on-site installation, commissioning and maintenance service to these customers as may be required.
To fulfill your duties and responsibilities in accordance with the Staff Handbook and specifically complete all records (installation and service events) in a timely manner.
There are no managerial or financial responsibilities.
- To communicate professionally and positively in order to help generate a strong and loyal working relationship with the customers’ Service staff.
- To provide a positive image with all customers at all times in order to build trust and loyalty.
- To undertake remote 1st and 2nd line service calls, e.g. telephone diagnosis, in order to minimise any service disruption and service resolution times.
- To attend maintenance and emergency calls to diagnose and rectify faults, and to test repairs in order to return the system to full working order in such a manner that re-visits are avoided.
- To install and assist in the upgrade of Audio-Visual Systems, including setting up of Mixers, Amplifiers, Infrared, Cabling, and Microphones to supplier and customer specification to meet customer expectations.
- To commission and certify the installation work is completed to a satisfactory standard.
To ensure that the correct administration and paper work is completed for the purposes of recording call history, technical analysis and management planning.
Essential Skills and Experience Required
At least 3 years relevant experience within a AV technical support or service role. Technically competent with audio systems and ideally decent understanding of videoconferencing systems too.
Educated to at least GCSE level and preferably holding a recognised professional qualification or certified apprenticeship scheme.
Good communication skills, both written and oral. Able to deal effectively with people at all levels and to explain technical issues to customers.
PC literate with a logical, analytical approach to problem solving.
Able to work under pressure and remain calm when faced with unexpected or stressful situations. Good level of organisational and time management skills.
Some installation experience including cable termination, basic related carpentry etc would be a distinct advantage.
Must have a clean driving license and be able to drive to clients sites as required
37.5 hour working week (plus overtime above this)
23 days holidays plus 8 bank holidays
5% employer pension contribution
3 x basic salary death in service
Car allowance (tbc)
If you can demonstrate the relevant AV technical support / service, equipment configuraition and repair skills and experience required then please forward me your CV asap along with your salary expectations.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.