AV Installation Engineer
26k to 32k basic (dependant on experience) + Benefits
Location: South Central (Southampton, Basingstoke, Aldershot, Salisbury, Reading, Newbury)
Scope and Purpose of the Job
AV installation of audio-visual systems in clients premises to industry standards (e.g. Avixa CTS standard). To fulfil your duties and responsibilities in accordance with the Staff Handbook and specifically complete all records (installation and service events) in a timely manner.
1. To install audio-visual equipment to industry standards and client expectations as an individual engineer. or as part of a team. The required AV equipment installation competency covers:
LED screens and mounting systems, projectors and screens, audio processing and amplification equipment, audio and video distribution systems, run and terminate cable (cat 5/6, audio), proficient soldering skills
2. To provide on-site AV Technician support operating the Client’s lighting and sound systems to competently deliver professionally presented productions, performances and presentations. This will include some evening and weekend working.
3. To undertake other engineering duties such as rack build and service support as may be required
4. To adhere to the company’s ISO Processes & Procedures and ensure that the correct administration and paper work is completed for the purposes of recording call history, technical analysis and management planning; including commissioning and certifying that the installation work is completed to a satisfactory standard.
Essential Skills and Experience Required
– At least 3 years relevant AV installation experience. Technically competent and confident in all products in the specified product ranges.
– Strong cable termination, soldering and wall mounting skills
– PC literate with a logical, analytical approach to problem solving and willingness to learn new skills and competencies and show evidence of educational and/or training competency.
– Must ensure that every interaction with a customer is conducted in a courteous, friendly and positive way; and be able to explain technical issues to customers.
– Able to work under pressure and remain calm when faced with unexpected or stressful situations.
– Good level of organisational and time management skills.
– Must have a clean driving licence and be able to drive to clients sites
37.5 hour working week (plus overtime above this)
23 days holidays plus 8 bank holidays
5% employer pension contribution
3 x basic salary death in service
Car allowance (tbc)
If you can demonstrate the relevant AV installation skills and experience required then please forward me your CV asap along with your salary expectations.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.